Have a drink a gummi drink that is…
Ok so I’m not advocating any drinking but here at the nut house do like to have a drink from time to time.
And I love to try new and different things with all our nuts, popcorn and candy.
So when i came across an article about vodka infused gummi bears i had to try it.
How do i make some Vodka Infused Gummi Bears?
- 1. Get some Gummi bears or worms will do too.
- 2. Find a ziplock container or some other disposable container
- 3. Vodka – Don’t break the bank here… after all you’re going to get the gummi flavor so a mixing vodka like svedka or something decently cheap will work well.
- 4. Put your gummies and your vodka in the container, put on the lid and put it in the fridge.
If you’re wondering about the vodka to gummi ratio, i’ve found that you want just enough to cover all the candy.
- 5. Wait about 5 days for the vodka to fully infuse… take ‘em out and enjoy these vodka gummi bears!
Now it’s time to talk about Jolly Rancher Infused Alcohol
Kinda cool idea. If you’ve ever tried to make an infused vodka, you know it takes patience before the fruit or infusion of your choice permeates the vodka.
Well Now you don’t have to wait… These Jolly Rancher vodkas are fun and are reminiscent of some flavored vodkas you can get in the store.
- Take a pitcher or a flask and place about 10-15 jolly ranchers in there, depending on how strong you want the flavor to be.
- Pour in about 8-9 shots (ounces) of vodka — basically you want 1-1.5 jolly rancher per 1 shot.
- The Jolly ranchers start to dissolve immediately… cool to see it happen quickly.
- Wait till fully dissolved then Toss ‘em in the freezer and Enjoy!
Then you can make your own appletini
Something A Bit More Adventurous
I’ve also branched out and done this with other alcohols which i’ve found to be more interesting.
I’ve done a Maker’s Mark and Cherry Jolly Rancher… to make my take on a Manhattan
Just replace the whisky with your infused creation.
Thinking about doing a rum and watermelon jolly rancher cocktail… haven’t done it yet, but if you do let me know how it turns out.
So just a bit of childish, adult fun provided to you courtesy of our curiosity.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 at 9:45 pm and is filed under candy, recipes.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.